Keystone Display’s Environmental Policy
Protecting our shared environment is of fundamental importance to Keystone Display, as it is to our employees, customers and other stakeholders.
To support this common goal, we:
- Comply with applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Continually improve the environmental performance of our products and processes
- Protect the health and safety of our employees and the surrounding community and ecosystem
- Use natural resources, including raw materials, energy, and water as efficiently as possible
We work to achieve these commitments by:
- Conducting annual environmental awareness training for all of our employees and more specific environmental training where appropriate.
- Evaluating products and processes and taking action to reduce consumption of energy, water, and unrecycled scrap.
- Educating our customers on the environmental impact of selecting various display and graphic materials.
- Working collaboratively with our customers, suppliers, and the surrounding community on environmental issues.
Current Environmental Efforts:
- No-wash powder coating system
- Powder coating recycling
- Use of energy efficient lighting in the facility
- Use of electric fork trucks
- Recycling metal, corrugated, and paper throughout the plant and office
- Tube cleaning with environmentally safe solutions
- Use of cooling systems based on recycling water
- Reclaim and distribution of process-generated heat to heat the plant
We are extremely excited about our Solar Energy project. In May 2018, we committed to installing a solar energy system which will generate enough electricity to offset all of the power used by our facility by the end of 2019. The project will involve covering much of the roof of our 70,000 square foot plant and warehouse with solar panels.
Keystone strives to make environmental performance an integral part of our performance. To this end, we measure and periodically report on our progress.
The following measures are tracked each calendar year:
- Water usage in gallons
- Powder coating scrapped- in pounds scrapped per total pounds of steel and wire used
- Power usage- in kilowatts used per total pounds of steel and wire used
- Natural gas usage- in Therms used per total pounds of steel and wire used
Contact Keystone Display today to discuss your next project.